The British Universities Finance Directors Group (BUFDG) is the representative body for higher education finance staff in the United Kingdom.
Our members are the Directors of Finance and Chief Financial Officers of almost all UK higher education institutions.
We aim to be the recognised channel for the provision, analysis, and dissemination of information, advice and support across the HE Finance sector, helping institutions deliver value, enhance their finance capabilities and work together.
The organisation has the following objectives:
To inform, advise and support
- To be the pre-eminent source of information, comment, and support on finance matters
- To promote high standards and best practice across the HE finance sector
To facilitate networking and development
- To provide forums for networking, discussion, consultation and exchange
- To provide and signpost to appropriate opportunities for learning and development
To partner, coordinate and advocate
- To work in partnership with related organisations, regionally and nationally
- To advocate on behalf of all our members to government, policy makers, and external stakeholders
All finance staff at our member institutions have their own BUFDG account, which gives them access to this website, and to information resources on training, financial news and all the latest reports and developments in HE finance.
To find out more about BUFDG, please contact the BUFDG office on 01509 22 88 52 or by email.
Alternatively, you can meet the BUFDG team on the Contact Us page.
You can access the list of financial statements from member institutions (you do not need to be a member).
Other sector associations
We also try to work with other sector associations as much as we can. We have compiled a list of all the associations we are aware of in HE. If you know of anymore, please let us know.
There are also lots of acronyms in the sector, so we have compiled a useful list.
BUFDG Annual Report 2017
Download the report here.