We have a multidisciplinary team with deep technical knowledge and HE sector experience who are dedicated to working with the sector across Consulting, Deals, Risk, Tax and Audit.
We bring to bear our long standing experience working with universities with a senior industry group that supports and shares sector knowledge. This is supplemented with support from ICAEW, CIOT and our strong relationships with HMRC, including with the Public Bodies Group.
Our team regularly works together to deliver practical and holistic advice and the scale of our UK national network of HE specialists coupled with our international reach with offices in 156 countries (736 locations) allows us to advise universities on matters UK and worldwide.
What we do
- Over the last 3 years we have been involved with a number of sector leading technology enabled change programmes supporting clients to transform their student experience and ways of working. We have also enabled clients to effectively navigate unprecedented levels of financial uncertainty by helping them generate a detailed understanding of costed services, identify opportunities for efficiencies and agree appropriate service levels aligned to strategic priorities.
- Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We support both public and private education institutions, as well as their lenders and investors, in relation to a wide range of services across Corporate Finance, Restructuring and Strategy services.
- Over recent years, we have advised clients on: financial modelling and forecasting, cost rationalisation, strategy consultancy, project appraisal (including business cases and options analysis), strategic partnering and M&A, campus redevelopment (including student accommodation), Real Estate advisory, raising new and restructuring existing debt and financial, commercial and strategic advice in procurement.
- Contact information: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- We are a market leader in the provision of Internal audit services to almost 40 universities. We have a unique delivery model in this area which is critical to our success. We also support universities to transform their technology, deal with risk and regulatory challenges, respond to crisis, provide assurance around cyber security, data and analytics and deliver independent business assurance to support the effectiveness of risk management processes.
- Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Our tax team is at the forefront of legislative developments and previously worked with BUFDG to develop a bespoke solution for Making Tax digital for VAT specifically for the sector.
- Latest changes such as hybrid working and how to create a model that works for everyone
- A wide spectrum of Tax compliance and advisory services including employment and international taxation.
- Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our external audit team is built from our market leading UK Higher Education practice and currently audits the financial statements of a number of the UK’s largest Universities.
- The focus of our audits is on providing a high quality audit, using a team that has a vast amount of experience of the University sector and thus also brings considerable sector insight and added value.
- We understand that a timely, independent and rigorous audit is fundamental to providing those charged with governance and wider stakeholders of the University with confidence in the financial reporting of the University, particularly during this time of unprecedented and continuing uncertainty.
- We continue to invest in developing technology and our approach to auditing continues to develop, with a move towards greater digitisation and use of automation.
- Contact: David Wildey, Audit Director email@example.com