Taking care of your financial future
Evelyn Partner’s financial planners and investment experts help people to achieve their financial goals and ambitions.
It looks after £56 billion* on behalf of its clients, who include solicitors, senior professionals, company executives and business owners along with families, charities and other private individuals.
Evelyn Partner’s experts understand that as an education professional, your personal finances are likely to be complicated and you may have very little time to dedicate to them. You face unique challenges when it comes to your pension and retirement planning, inheritance tax and estate planning and tax planning.
As an education professional, you’ll know the importance of talking to an expert. Just as you have the specialist academic knowledge to help your students, Evelyn Partners has the specialist financial planning and investment knowledge and expertise to help you.
How Evelyn Partners can help you
Evelyn Partners does not have a ‘one size fits all’ approach – its service is personal to you. Some people require a comprehensive financial plan with ongoing management of their investments and regular meetings. Others need a one-off recommendation on a single topic. It can help with both and everything in between.
As you think about your personal wealth, you're likely to have a number of questions. Evelyn Partner’s advisers understand these queries and what considerations you need to make, such as:
- How much do I need for the retirement I want?
- Are my personal finances at the mercy of the markets?
- Are my investments set up correctly for the future?
- Am I as tax efficient as I could be?
- Is now the right time to start passing down wealth to my loved ones?
- How can I financially prepare for life’s ‘what ifs’? For example, what would happen if I were unable to work for any length of time? Or how would my family cope financially when I die? A financial planner can work with you to review your finances and help prepare for life’s ‘what ifs’ through the use of cashflow modelling.
For more information visit www.evelyn.com
The value of an investment may go down as well as up, and you may get back less than you originally invested.
Issued by Evelyn Partners Financial Planning Limited. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Financial services are also provided by other companies in the Evelyn Partners Group, further details of which are available here.
University Guide from Evelyn Partners
- Retirement Planning for University Professionals
- The University (USS) pension is still regarded as one of the best workplace pension schemes, but it can be complex and has been subject to substantial changes recently. Unfortunately, this means USS professionals are often caught out by surprise tax charges and in some cases unnecessarily stop contributing into the scheme.
- In this guide we look at the issues you need to be aware of when it comes to your pension, how you can avoid paying unnecessary tax charges and how to give yourself the best chance of achieving your retirement goals.
Support provided to Universities & Evelyn Partner’s University Team
- Drop-in Sessions
Evelyn Partners Pensions Reform & Financial Wellbeing
- Pensions reform and how your staff are feeling
- What questions do your staff ask financial advisers?
- Is “Pension” now a tarnished brand?
- Is it time to make a shift from Pensions to wider holistic financial planning?
- Flexible benefits – how to you create a compelling package away from over-reliance on pension.
- Why do your employees think they need to work to state pension age?
- How do you cut costs and manage expectation by creating engagement with part-time, flexible and early retirement programmes amongst your staff?
- Are you employees financially literate and what does a good financial wellbeing programme consist of?
- How can the benefits of DC be explained and how could it fit with your employee’s plans?
- Why is later life planning important and how does it fit with pension reform?
- Who are “The Sandwich Generation” and how can you support them?
Evelyn Partners YouTube Channel
Pensions and retirement planning
- Advice on saving into a pension and planning for retirement
Inheritance Tax and estate planning
- Financial advice for passing on an inheritance and managing an Inheritance Tax bill
- Advice on structuring your finances tax-efficiently
Forecasting finances with cashflow modelling
- Finding out what your future finances could look like
Blog - The Sandwich Generation and the link to Financial Wellbeing
- Around 1.3 million people in the UK have the double responsibility of looking after children under the age of 18 and caring for elderly parents. This number mostly includes people between 40 and 50 years old. (Source: Veritas Care, 2019)
- Due to the increase in life expectancy and for some, the delay in starting a family as they have chosen to focus first on establishing their career, the numbers in this ‘sandwich generation’ can only get higher.