BUFDG Annual Conference 2018
25th-27th March 2018
BUFDG is the professional support organisation for Finance Directors in UK higher education institutions, and is proud to have over 170 institutional members.
The BUFDG Annual Conference is the must-attend event of the year for Finance Directors to network with colleagues and suppliers to the sector, and receive high-level, HE finance-specific CPD. Each year around 120 Finance Directors and/or their immediate deputy attend the event which, in 2018, is to be held at the University of Hull.
Download the BUFDG 2018 Travel Information here
With the sector in all four nations dealing with regulatory, funding, and demographic pressures, as well as the implications of Brexit, Finance Directors will play a key role in the sustainability and success of their institutions. As institutional leaders, they can help set the tone and influence organisational culture to help their own staff, and colleagues across the organisation, to thrive. Join fellow FDs from across the sector at the BUFDG Annual Conference, Hull, 25th to 27th March 2018, to learn, prepare, and network for the year ahead.
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @bufdg for real-time updates on the sector and conference.
Registration is now open
For a warm welcome to Hull, watch the short video below:
What's happening in 2018?
- This year’s theme will tap into Hull’s ‘UK City of Culture’ status, and focus on the different cultures within the University environment. It will explore the connections between them, their relevance to finance, and the impact they can have on your institution’s success. The content of the conference programme is currently being finalised and further details will be publicised shortly, but look forward to key insights from highly-acclaimed speakers such as Tony Crabbe and Sarah Broadhead.
- John Venn, the inventor of Venn diagrams, was born in Hull and to embrace this year’s theme, we would love to get everyone involved in the conference in a creative way. We’ll be asking delegates to tell us how their universities are unique and as a nod to the famous Hull-born mathematician, we’ll then use this information to populate the blank Venn imagery on the conference logo.
- Early Bird Discount - the first 40 delegates who book before 11th January 2018 will receive a discount on their conference package. Please see the package costs at the bottom of this page!
- Suppliers to the Higher Education (HE) sector, with a particular relevance to finance, will be invited to send representatives to the BUFDG Annual Conference 2018 as sponsor delegates. Please visit the various sponsor pages on the above menu bar to find out more about them.
- The Power Hour will feature again in the 2018 programme; however, following feedback from the last conference, we will be trialling a different approach for this year whereby delegates will be able to book their own meetings with Sponsor Delegates when they register online and by 25th February 2018 at the latest.
- On Sunday, tour options of Hull will be available including a walking tour, a visit to a stately home, or the option to play a round of golf (details here), before the Informal Dinner starts on campus. The Conference Dinner is due to take place at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hull on the following evening.
- In response to member feedback, there will be the opportunity for delegates to attend eight different technical sessions on Tuesday afternoon, each lasting up to 45 minutes. These sessions will be covering topics such as tax, financial reporting, student number planning, pensions, raising debt etc. and are available for you to sign up to when you register your place.
- We would like to give Finance Directors an opportunity to mention during registration any specific topics that they would be willing to talk to other delegates about during/ post-conference (e.g. recently completed project). We will then publicise these topics prior to the conference, and ask other attendees to contact you. More information to follow.
- This year we are introducing incentives for early bookings. Make sure you book before the 14th February to be entered into the prize draw for two free places at a one-day BUFDG event during the year – either for yourself or a colleague.
- Don’t forget to bring your Save the Date postcard with you to the conference to enter our special prize draw.
- Please note that we’ll also be offering delegates an opportunity to have a professional headshot done. These will then be uploaded onto their profiles on the BUFDG website, and delegates can also request them if they wish.
We are pleased to offer an early bird discount for the first 40 delegates who book before 11th January 2018 - see below details of delegate package costs.
Early Bird Full Conference
Available for the first 40 delegates who book before 11th January 2018 - £510+VAT
Full Conference Price
For bookings after 11th January or when the 40 early bird places are taken - £550+VAT
Please do not hesitate to contact Assured Events if you require any further information.