BUFDG Annual Conference 2019
7th - 9th April 2019
The BUFDG Annual Conference is the must-attend event of the year for Finance Directors to network with colleagues and suppliers to the sector, and receive high-level, Higher Education (HE) finance-specific CPD. Each year around 120 Finance Directors and/or their immediate deputy attend the event which, in 2019, is to be held at Royal Holloway, University of London.
With the sector in all four nations dealing with regulatory, funding, and demographic pressures, as well as the implications of Brexit, Finance Directors will play a key role in the sustainability and success of their institutions. As institutional leaders, they can help set the tone and influence organisational culture to help their own staff, and colleagues across the organisation, to thrive. Join fellow FDs from across the sector at the BUFDG Annual Conference, London, 7th to 9th April 2019, to learn, prepare, and network for the year ahead.
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @bufdg for real-time updates on the sector and conference.
Please do not hesitate to contact Assured Events if you require any further information.
What's happening in 2019?
- The conference will focus on the different aspects of “value” from the perspective of a Finance Director of a higher education institution. The Finance Director is the senior finance professional in a university with the responsibility to advise and counsel other members of a university’s senior team and to ensure that the organisation is solvent and a viable business that embraces new ways of working. Those roles are linked.
- We are putting together a great programme of stimulating speakers that will leave delegates better-informed and thinking differently. Confirmed speakers include Professor Adrian Johnstone of Royal Holloway, University of London and Noel Tagoe Executive Vice President, Academics at the Association of Certified International Professional Accountants, further details will be publicised shortly.
- Early Bird Discount - the first 20 delegates who book before 10th January 2019 will receive a discount on their conference package. Please see the Packages page for prices.
- Suppliers to the HE sector, with a particular relevance to finance, will be invited to send representatives to the BUFDG Annual Conference 2019 as sponsor delegates. Please visit the sponsor page on the above menu bar to find out more about them.
- The Power Hour will feature again in the 2019 programme and following the success of last year will be following the same format whereby delegates will be able to book their own meetings with Sponsor Delegates when they register online.
- On Sunday afternoon, delegates can choose from a number of social activities which provide an additional opportunity to network with peers in a more social and relaxed atmosphere and experience some of Windsor’s finest attractions. The options include a trip to visit Windsor castle, access to the Picture Gallery at Royal Holloway followed by Afternoon Tea or a round of golf at Richings Park. Delegates will select their preferred excursion upon registration.
- We would like to give Finance Directors an opportunity to mention during registration any specific topics that they would be willing to talk to other delegates about during/ post-conference (e.g. recently completed project). We will then publicise these topics prior to the conference, and ask other attendees to contact you. More information to follow. We will also use this information to organise regional meeting agendas, where FDs always like to hear each other’s stories.
Please note that we’ll also be offering delegates an opportunity to have a professional headshot taken. These will then be uploaded onto their profiles on the BUFDG website, and delegates can also request them if they wish. This will be available on Monday only during lunch and all refreshment breaks, so if you want to give your LinkedIn a fresh look please make sure you visit our photographer at these dedicated times.